Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another great day...






Club Quilt today and it was another good day....pop over to the blog and see what the girls have been up to...Today I made "Chocolate Fruit Slice with Lemon Icing"...the recipe is below, I may had done a post on this before but I will share it again as it is just so quick....
A few posts ago I showed you some osnaburg that I purchased...I did this little stitchery on Friday night, added a bit of fabric and one little journal cover, just so quick and easy....I am really enjoying this osnaburg at the moment......It has warmed up here today and I think I might have to put on the air con...enjoy your day....
Chocolate Fruit Slice with Lemon Icing...
1 cup SR flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
3/4 cup castor sugar
1 cup of mixed fruit
1/2 cup of coconut
1/2 cup choc bits
2 eggs lightly beaten
90g melted butter.
Grease a 23cm square slab pan but I like to use 19cm x 29cm lamington tin (I also line my tin with baking paper)...combine all dry ingredients, add butter and eggs mix well, spread into pan cook for 25 mins in a moderate oven...remove, cool for 10 mins spread with icing...leave in tin until cold....cut serve and enjoy.....
Icing
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon of butter (I use a tablespoon)
1 tablespoon lemon juice approx...
Mix well form a stiff paste...

16 comments:

  1. Peg I love the white stitching on that fabric and the recipe has been scrawled down and squirreled away , thankyou .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been here for a couple of days and had a lot to catch up on. Wonderful postings Peg and lovely projects to enjoy. I love all the things you made and show. Gee, I have almost spent half an hour here! No wonder I get nothing done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely stitchery! and the cake seems to be very delicious , yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the osnaburgs you are using... pretty...
    Ok.. stupid questions from a swedish girl.. If I eventually are going to try your yummy looking cake...you have to explain a little... lol...
    Mixed herbs... what herbs...??
    Fruit.. what kind ..fresh, canned or what...???
    Probably have some more... I just need to work out some translations first...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous recipe, I will give that one a go, and gorgeous journal cover, your stitching is so neat xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal cover looks great. I like the look of the stitching on the green osnaburg.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your book cover is simple but elegant. I really like the white thread on the blue. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, pretty!!! Peg I think that's one of the colours I ordered - gosh I hope it is cos it looks gorgeous!!! Love the journal cover ... and the slice looks delish, must try that one!!
    Hugs,
    Joy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely cover, and yummy looking dessert. what do you mean by mixed fruit? it looks great, I would love to make it.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your stitchery and your cake...boy, does it look yummy! I might have to make that for hand-quilting on Wednesday....thanks for sharing!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your journal cover Peg. Those cakes look really yummy. Will have to try that recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a lovely stitching day! Your cookie bars sound wonderful and look better, I will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Peg -- what a great journal cover!! The little stitchery is just perfect for that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yummy looking slice! Will have to try that!
    Cute diary cover
    x Sarah
    PS: Your Blue Table Runner turned out a treat! I am going to make something similar for my Dec Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Peg that turned out just lovely!!! I really like the design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great recipe! Thanks Peg.. Love the journal cover.. I am going to have to look into the different coloured osnaberg...it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I do enjoy reading them all...take care, keep safe, happy quilting .. Peg